Sunday, December 28, 2008

Quarter 2, Post 7: Rafferty's Flashback

I have been continuing to read over the break and my book, The Lace Reader, is continuing to get more interesting. I am on page 155 right now and I am really enjoying the way that the plot it forming. Right now, Rafferty is continuing to try to find out more information about Angela’s past. While looking through files and records, he comes across records of the Whitney family. Suddenly he has a flashback:

Emma Boyton and Cal Boyton were married at the time Cal started to beat her. Finally one day he hit her so hard that he broke her jaw. That night he disappeared. While Emma fought for her life Cal tried to escape on a stolen boat. When he was found several days later almost dead, Eva filed for a restraining order. Through the divorce Emma received all of Yellow Dog Island. Cal became very religious after claiming to have seen “ the face of God” and lead a group of Calvinists.

… His flashback went on and on, going into detail the lives of the Whitney’s during this difficult time in their life. I am curious as to why Rafferty knows so much about their lives and how he know so much about Emma, someone he had never even met before. I am beginning to think he has some type of connections or relationship with someone or had one in the past that we don’t know about yet. I was also very shocked about the things that he remembered and wonder if it all is true. Hopefully Rafferty will clarify some of there things later in the novel.

 

2 comments:

Hailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hailey said...

Katie!
I am glad that you are continuing to love the book and you enjoy reading it. I think that his flash back sounds so cool! I hope you had fun reading over break, because I did! I am very happy that you are satisfied with your book and that you find it intriguing. Happy reading!