Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quarter 2, Post 6: Angela

This week I have read four more chapters in The Lace Reader, by Brunonia Barry, and it is starting to get a lot more interesting. I don’t have any answers to my previously asked questions yet, but I am positive that they are soon to come. Towner and Rafferty have just gone looking for a missing girl named Angela. Angela is a teenager from town that has been known to go missing every once in a while. Eva usually finds her without a problem because the two were very close, but since Eva has recently died everyone sadly goes out to find her themselves. Little do they know it wont be as easy as they think…

Everyone has just begun their search for Angela, checking all the normal spots for her to hide. They even break into her house but it is dark and empty. This is where the plot starts to get interesting. I don’t know what will happen next but Rafferty seems to be getting very discouraged. He even broke a few windows out of pure frustration. When Towner and Rafferty first went out on this trip to look for Angela, I though it might be a chance for them to “redo” their date that had been cut short and get to know each other a little better. Now I think that they both will be too occupied with the search to pay any attention to each other. I don’t know where they plan to look for Angela next or what challenges they will encounter in the next few days, but I do know that I have reached the exciting part of the book!

3 comments:

Hailey said...

Ahh Katie! I am so glad that you are enjoying the book! I am so glad that you are at the exciting part and you will enjoy reading more over break! It sounds so good and like a very enjoyable book! I just remember when you were still trying to figure out what the book was about and getting into it but it seems like you have and you are at a great part of the book. Have fun reading over break and I hope that you still like the book!

Aimee said...

This sounds like a very interesting book! Why did Angela go missing in the first place and why are Towner and Rafferty so concerned? I hope you enjoy reading it nad that you get your questions answered soon!

Katherine said...

This sounds like an interesting book Katie. I'm anxious to find out why Angela is missing. Hope you enjoy the rest of your read!